About Papillon Family Health
Our top priority at Papillon Family Health is to create a positive environment where children are encouraged to explore, ask questions, and be themselves. We focus on increasing each child’s confidence in their own abilities and establishing pride in their accomplishments.
Our programming creates an environment where children can learn the skills needed to be successful in all areas of their lives. We believe that children are most successful when they learn in environments that will be realistic and prepare them for their future.
The therapists are dedicated to the development and teaching of all children and are focused on helping each child achieve their goals through each program.
- Provide in-centre and or in-home therapy options to clients and their families/guardians.
- Study patient behaviour and apply ABA principles.
- Respond appropriately to different situations common among and provide direct therapy for children and adolescents.
- Monitoring the client’s progress and the effectiveness of the individualized programs.
- Utilize key communication skills to provide effective feedback to patients.
- Effectively communicate positive feedback to patients.
- Work collaboratively with client team.
- Be able to recognize and respond to critical improvements in patient behaviors.
- Become familiar with and use behavioral redirection techniques.
- Know how to respond to negative behaviors appropriately.
- Provide written documentation on each patient.
- Complete required data and graphing.
- Follow guidance from the clinical supervisor on program implementation.
- Program administrative duties as assigned by Senior Therapist and/or Clinical Supervisor.
- Preparation of teaching materials daily.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Behaviour Science and Technology, or equivalent;
- Experience implementing the principles of ABA with students with autism;
- Minimum one year experience working with children with exceptionalities, preferably ASD (can include placement experience)
- RBT or working towards is an asset.
- An up-to-date Vulnerable Sectors Screening
- First Aid and CPR training
- Understand augmentative communication systems
- Knowledge of a variety of teaching strategies including DTT, NET
- Liability Insurance
- Ability to follow written programming
- Excellent communication skills, outstanding organizational capacity, strong attention to details.
Hours: Full and Part-time hours available
Hiring position for both locations (Mississauga and Brampton).
In-centre and In-home therapy options available.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Behaviour Therapy: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at workstations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- 160 Traders Blvd E Unit 117 Mississauga, ON L4Z 3K7
- 60 Queen St E Unit 205 Brampton, ON L6V 1A9